INDONESIA STARTS FLEGT LICENCING ON 15 NOVEMBER 2016
Specified wooden consignments listed in the annex of the Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2016/1387 have to be accompanied by a FLEGT licence when imported into the EU. Concerned consignments can only be cleared by customs if the FLEGT licence is checked and approved by BFW.
On this occasion an informative event took place on 7 November 2016 at the BFW.
Further information on the FLEGT VPA with Indonesia:
- Website on Frequently Asked Questions on FLEGT licences: http://www.euflegt.efi.int/web/flegt-licence/faq
- Website of the Indonesian Timber Legality Information System: http://silk.dephut.go.id/
- Press release of the Commission: http://ec.europa.eu/environment/pdf/18_08_2016_news_en.pdf
FLEGT website of the European Commission: http://ec.europa.eu/environment/forests/flegt.htm
Website of the EU FLEGT Facility: http://www.euflegt.efi.int/vpa-countries
Interactive map of FLEGT projects: http://www.euflegt.efi.int/map-flegt-projects
FLEGT PROCEDURES TASKS OF THE COMPETENT AUTHORITY
• Check FLEGT licences and goods (optionally)
• Issue notifications to release consignments for free circulation
• Take official measures in case no valid FLEGT licence is submitted within one month
Contact persons for FLEGT
Contact us by e-mail: email@example.com
Federal Research and Training Centre for Forests, Natural Hazards and Landscape (BFW)
Austria, 1131 Vienna, Seckendorff-Gudent-Weg 8 | Tel.: +43 1 878 38-0
Autor: Putz J.