|Find new insights into genetic
foundations of forest ecosystems, especially the relationship of
genetic population structures with natural and human-induced
environmental factors as well as genetic aspects of biodiversity,
|Investigate relationships between genetic
structures and functional implementation of the information stored in
genomes, depending on environmental factors.
|Preserve forest genetic resources on a
scientifically reliable basis and implement the National Programme for
the Sustainable Use of Genetic Resources.
|Study the genetic variation of
economically important traits relevant for adaptation within and
between indigenous and exotic forest tree populations (provenances).
|Generate knowledge about the sexual reproduction of forest trees.
Main Tasks and Activities
- Layout of provenance trials
- Testing of forest seed material (laboratory)
- Expert advice and decisions
- Check on forest seed enterprises and nurseries
- Certification of basic material for the production of forest reproductive material
- Creation and maintenance of various data bases (e.g. National Register, PCR-Primer of Chloroplast Genome)
- Recommendation of provenances for forest practice
- Clone and variety check
- Pollen deposition monitoring over the whole federal territory
- Selection and certification of seed material for the production of forest reproductive material
- Selection and management of gene reserves
- Management of forest seed orchards
- production and sale of forest seeds and plant material
ContactHead of Department: Univ.-Prof. Dr. Dr. Thomas Geburek
Tel. +43-1-87838-2109, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary Monika Lotter
Tel. +43-1-87838-2110, Fax: +43-1-87838-2250
1131 Wien, Seckendorff-Gudent-Weg 8