First Meeting of all Four Working Groups of COST 639
Page contains information on registration / fee / programme / accomodation / location
Aim of the meetingOverview on the current understanding of greenhouse gas emissions from soils under different forms of land use.
The meeting outcome serves as a reference for the future progress of the COST 639. Accordingly, the proceedings will be published in the series 'Mitteilungen des BFW'.
Two 'products' are foreseen:
- Publication 'Status quo' - Our understanding at the onset of COST 639 (presented in keynote lectures on the first day and more presentations on the second day.
- Detailled working plan within the individual Working Groups. The WG Chairpersons will for the first time have the opportunity to meet their respective WG members within COST 639.
Participants of the meeting are encouraged to get in touch with the Working Group Chairs well in advance of the meeting. The on-site discussion may become highly efficient, when some positions are already made clear in advance.
RegistrationTo access the formular for online registration, EVENT in the PAST.
Already registered colleagues: click here.
According to the rules of COST each country can nominate delegates for reimbursement. The decision is at the discretion of the respective Management Committee members. For the list of involved persons, click here.
Conference FeeThe conference fee is 60 Euro and covers 2 lunches and the coffee breaks of 2 days. You can pay in cash or creditcard or Maestro Card on-site.
It would be quite convenient if you have the right amount of cash available.
Upon registration you will receive vouchers for lunch on both days. We have both a carnivorous and a vegetarian meal available and you can choose as long as both meals are available. - The vouchers will be taken as your payment by the waiters of the restaurant.
The currently valid programme is generated from the meeting database and will be available in early April.
To view the programme click here .
ReimbursementThe COST Secretariat has been quite generous with respect to reimbursements. The forms have been sent out several weeks ago. Please provide the completely filled out reimbursement form and a copy of the receipt for your transportation. You may assume that making photocopies in Vienna is a hazzle.
Participants expecting reimbursement need to sign in the attendance list every half day.
VenueThe conference takes place at the Federal Research and Training Centre for Forests, Natural Hazards and Landscape (BFW) in Vienna.
The meeting will take place in the festival hall. Temporarily, the Working Groups will break out to business meetings.
How to get thereOverview of location in Austria: click here.
Within Vienna a map gives an overview how to get there.
- Public Transportation
- From the airport: Take either the CAT (quick train) or the regular train to ’Wien-Mitte’. Regular train: buy ticket for 2 zones! At station 'Wien Mitte' switch to Underground U4 and proceed to Station ’Hietzing’. From there take bus 56B or 58B or 156B to Station Montecucculiplatz (3rd stop). From that stop it is about a 10 min walk to the center according to the map.
- From the train station Westbahnhof: Take Underground U6 to station Längenfeldgasse’, switch to U4 and continue as described above.
- Taxi: The recommendation is to book a C&K taxi in advance over the internet. Local booking is not possible. C&K is much cheaper than a regular taxi. C&K: 27 Euro door to door.
|Prices for nearby hotels range from Euro 60+ to 120+ Euro. Please make your reservation under the term "Waldforschungszentrum BFW or IUFRO".|
The reservation of hotel rooms cannot be handled by the local organizers.
From Hotel Cortina walk 8 min to Underground station U4. Proceed to station Hietzing. From there take bus 56B, 58B or 156B, go to Station 'Montecucculi Platz' (3rd stop). Walk according to map.
Total time Hotel Cortina -> BFW 30 minutes.
You will find information at the reception of the hotel.
Other hotels in Vienna
| The information on hotels in Vienna can be found at the
Info Page Vienna